Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 14.05.2024, 23:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: RenderMonkey Plugin
PostPosted: 24.12.2007, 22:23 

hi all,

first post so be nice, ok.

i'm currently looking for better graphics engine that support rendermonkey features.

i'm basically a rendermonkey user and would like to export all data to a compatible horde3d scene node, if possible.

has anybody started work on this? i'd like to know so i'll just join in and contribute.

if there's no one, i could start making a design doc for that.

here are some pics of stuff i did in rendermonkey...

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26.12.2007, 19:45 
Engine Developer

I have looked into RenderMonkey some time ago. They offer possibilities to bind semantics to generic shader variable names, so it should be possible to write simple shaders for Horde directly in RM. But more complex techniques with multiple passes and render targets are not that easy since Horde uses the rather unique flexible pipeline concept for them which is different from the more common material technique approach.

BTW, nice screenshots! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05.01.2008, 23:27 

marciano wrote:
I have looked into RenderMonkey some time ago. They offer possibilities to bind semantics to generic shader variable names, so it should be possible to write simple shaders for Horde directly in RM. But more complex techniques with multiple passes and render targets are not that easy since Horde uses the rather unique flexible pipeline concept for them which is different from the more common material technique approach.

BTW, nice screenshots! :)

interesting, i'd like to get on the road studying how it works.

by the way, does horde3d work only with nvidia cards? i'm still having problems with my radeon 9550 and 3850 cards. hope i can fix the problems sooner.

lately, i've been doing more hlsl coding and came up with more demos.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.01.2008, 01:23 

dlangdev wrote:
by the way, does horde3d work only with nvidia cards? i'm still having problems with my radeon 9550 and 3850 cards. hope i can fix the problems sooner.

I have it running on an Radeon X1600, but I have a feeling it wont run on a 9550, unless your drivers are very good, as a baseline 9550 only supports OpenGL 1.4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.01.2008, 15:37 
Engine Developer

@dlangdev:

Could you please have a look at what the EngineLog.html is saying?

I think the problem is that SDL seems to be buggy on some ATI systems and tries to initialize the default Microsoft OpenGL 1.1 driver instead of the proper ATI driver. Horde should definately run on your 3850 and the Chicago sample also on your 9550 (although quite slow) since all cards from the 9500 on support GL 2.0.

To overcome this annoying SDL problem I have ported the sample code to glfw yesterday (based on pmlopes work). On windows it is working fine, now we still need to test it on the other platforms (especially Mac since I have heard of some problems with older versions of glfw).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16.01.2008, 06:01 

hi all,

finally got it working.

i'm using a different machine now. so it works fine here. i still don't know why it won't run on a custom built whitebox windows xp.

i'm using the nvidia 7300 video card, and it's looking good.

i'll start reading the code and try out the other samples.

also, i need to get hooked up with a project so i can catch-up fast and contribute back as soon as possible.

thanks a lot for your patience.