Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 14.05.2024, 01:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: .NET Wrapper
PostPosted: 05.06.2008, 14:22 

I was looking at the .NET wrapper last night, and was curious if it's still being supported? I have a bit of experience with these sort of things and was thinking I could contribute my efforts to it.

Essentially what I would do is get away from using an Interface Structure and move towards a Managed C++ structure with Reflection. What this would allow is for .NET to talk directly to the Managed C++, and the Managed Code to in turn talk directly to the native code. The added bonus is with the reflection system we determine what the Interfaces to the API are at compile time and as Horde evolves in the future we do not have to keep updating the Wrapper, but rather just update the calling code.

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone, or if the .NET stuff is still being worked on.

Post subject: Re: .NET Wrapper
PostPosted: 05.06.2008, 15:15 

Bob wrote:
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone, or if the .NET stuff is still being worked on.
I have no idea how many people are using it currently, but language bindings never hurt - and for Win32 tool development, C# is hard to beat.

PostPosted: 05.06.2008, 15:48 
Tool Developer

I updated the Wrapper yesterday, you can find it in the wiki. I don't have much experience with all the .Net and managed stuff but if you want to provide another .Net wrapper feel free to do so. Although I would prefer if you would focus on the DirectX port :-)

PostPosted: 05.06.2008, 16:40 

I will don't worry, I'm just doing a little bit of design in my head first before I jump head first into the DX stuff. (It's good to be prepared with this kind of stuff ;) )