Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 16.05.2024, 15:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 22.07.2009, 14:47 

Hello everybody!
I like your game engine, but I have problems using it with Code::Blocks. 3D engine work fine, but I want to use Bullet Physics. I tried to run older versions from this site:
http://mm-werkstatt.informatik.uni-augsburg.de/project_details.php?id=43
because dlls are compiled, but they aren't working with latest Horde3D SDK. I also tried to compile it from SVN, but i had big problems. Have you got any ideas how to compile all files from SVN in Code::Blocks, or maybe someone got all dlls and .a files working with this IDE? The second solution is better for me, so if you have those .dll and .a files, post them.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Poland.

PostPosted: 22.07.2009, 15:29 

If you install CMake, you can use CMake to generate a Code::Block project to build Horde, or compile Horde directly with CMake's MinGW support (which should produce a library useable by Code::Blocks).

PostPosted: 22.07.2009, 16:02 

Hi, this file is a bit old and you need to change this line to get it working with beta 3 :
Code:
236_Horde3DPhysics\Horde3DPhysics\src\BoxSample\app.cpp - line 124

Horde3DPhysics::createPhysicsNode( Horde3D::getNodeAttachmentString(node), node );

According to the beta 2 change log, you need to replace the getNodeAttachmentString with getNodeParamstr :
Version [1.0.0] Beta2 wrote:
Removed API functions getNodeName, setNodeName, getNodeAttachmentString (replaced by get/setNodeParamstr with SceneNodeParams enum).

Have fun with engine ;)

Edit: Also you need to add Horde3D::finalizeFrame() after Horde3D::render() to get it working with beta 3.

PostPosted: 22.07.2009, 20:02 

Thanks for the advice, Horde3D compiled without any problems, but the sample apps don't start. :( I can only see "send raport to Microsoft" window. Compiled samples included in SDK are working perfectly. I even tried to compile it on other computer, but the results were the same. Do you have any ideas, why it isn't working?

PostPosted: 22.07.2009, 20:35 
Tool Developer

Since the game engine is not ment to be a product to be used by beginners, I would suggest to create separate Code::Blocks projects for each DLL component. Then try to debug it and check where the crash occures.

I currently don't have time to support the game engine. You could try to PM korty, who is still at the university and uses the GameEngine in several projects. But since the chair for multimedia concepts is currently moving to another building, they probably won't have much time too.

PostPosted: 22.07.2009, 20:45 

I don't want to waste your time, so I will try to make that working or try other 3D engine like OGRE. Anyway, thanks for helping :)

PostPosted: 22.07.2009, 21:20 

grizzly wrote:
I don't want to waste your time, so I will try to make that working or try other 3D engine like OGRE. Anyway, thanks for helping :)
Just to qualify Volker's statement, Horde itself is fine for use by beginners.

The Game Engine is a separate add-on project, which isn't currently supported/maintained in an official manner.

PostPosted: 23.07.2009, 04:11 

Can you explain your problem ? This will help to find the problem. I think theres a problem with .dlls in your case, Because MinGW/GCC compiled ones are not compatible with MSVC compiled exe/dll.

So, you should compile this libraries with Code::Blocks from the Horde3D beta 3 SDK : Horde3d [.dll], Horde3dUtils [.dll], glfw [.a] .
After compiling them you must replace these files from the latest SDK too :
Code:
[236_Horde3DPhysics\Horde3DPhysics\include]
glfw.h

[236_Horde3DPhysics\Horde3DPhysics\include\Horde3D]
Horde3D.h, Horde3DUtils.h

[236_Horde3DPhysics\Horde3DPhysics\lib]
GLFW.lib, Horde3D.lib, Horde3DUtils.lib

[236_Horde3DPhysics\Horde3DPhysics\bin]
GLFW.dll [no need to this one, if you are going to statically link that]
Horde3D.dll, Horde3DUtils.dll

PostPosted: 23.07.2009, 07:47 
Tool Developer

swiftcoder wrote:
grizzly wrote:
Just to qualify Volker's statement, Horde itself is fine for use by beginners.

The Game Engine is a separate add-on project, which isn't currently supported/maintained in an official manner.

Thanks for putting that straight. That's what I wanted to say :-)

PostPosted: 23.07.2009, 13:59 

I tried to compile libraries, but sample apps hang when stared, so I replaced Horde3D.dll and Horde3DUtils.dll from SDK and it's working with samples compiled in MinGW, which means that my first problem is solved :)
Then I included physics header to my project, generated .a file for linker and loaded domino scene from 236_Horde3D_Physics. But i can't see anything (in debug mode(F7) too), only 2 lights added in program. I converted it in blender and colladaconv and it's working (but obviously there is no physics). Maybe horde engine can't read xmls when there are some additional data in scene file? I also tried to use older horde3d.dll (included in physics) but there are some functions missing.

PostPosted: 23.07.2009, 14:10 
Tool Developer

Maybe some warnings or errors in the EngineLog can help you solve the problem. Can you add breakpoints where the physics is used to be loaded?

PostPosted: 23.07.2009, 14:43 

Thank you for help, now it works! The problem was corrupted .geo file (created by me in Blender). Now everything works perfectly :D