Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 27.04.2024, 13:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 28.06.2010, 23:29 

I'm trying to build Horde3D.sln (which I downloaded from the trunk of the SVN repository) in Visual Studio 2010. I think the conversion process created some errors (a few '\'s were changed to '/'s, causing warnings) but I also seem to be missing a few .lib files.

I currently get four errors and zero warnings when I try to build the whole project:
Code:
error LNK1104: cannot open file 'Extension_Terrain.lib'   C:\...\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Horde3D\Horde3D\Source\Horde3DEngine\LINK   Horde3D
error LNK1104: cannot open file 'Horde3D_vc8.lib'   C:\...\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Horde3D\Horde3D\Source\Horde3DUtils\LINK   Horde3DUtils
error LNK1104: cannot open file 'Horde3D_vc8.lib'   C:\...\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Horde3D\Horde3D\Samples\Chicago\LINK   Sample_Chicago
error LNK1104: cannot open file 'Horde3D_vc8.lib'   C:\...\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Horde3D\Horde3D\Samples\Knight\LINK   Sample_Knight

I can't find the Extension_Terrain.lib or Horde3D_vc8.lib files, nor can I find any reference to the files in the source. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by fnv on 29.06.2010, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29.06.2010, 01:18 

Hi, get the latest version of the CMake from here. After installing, run cmake gui [if there is no start menu shortcuts, simply press Win Logo+R and type cmake-gui].

Press Browse Source... button then browse for the source code [where that you have placed your Horde3D SVN dir], then press Browse Build... and browse for the dir that you want to create the new sln files.

Press the Configure button, a new window will appear, choose your preferred IDE/Compiler suite [MSVC 2010 in your case] and arch [if you are using the express version of the MSVC, you can't build x64 binaries, just x86] from combo box [drop down or whatever it's called].

Now remove the tick/check from the HORDE3D_BUILD_TERRAIN [let it stay there if you really need that extension], press the Configure again and finally Generate.

Now enjoy your fresh sln ;)

PostPosted: 29.06.2010, 10:02 
Tool Developer

Maybe you also used the solution not in the trunk but in the Horde3D folder. This solution is for the pure Horde3D library without extensions, but if you want to use it, you have to remove the installation of the extensions manually in egModules.cpp, because by default the extensions are enabled in the svn version. The other possible solution is that you use the Horde3D_Ext.sln file in the root folder of the trunk.

PostPosted: 29.06.2010, 14:21 

Thanks! It turns out I was using the .sln inside the Horde3D folder, and not the one in the trunk. I was able to get it to build just now. I'll keep CMake around in case I run into another similar problem.