Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 07.05.2024, 21:21

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 21.03.2011, 12:04 

I have ben trying to get those samples to work for like 8 hours now and without progress, i dont understand what am i doing wrong. I simply downloaded the beta 4 from the main page, converted it to 2010 and tried to get rid of those conversion errors such as "targetdir"etc. but i could get it to build so i gave up on it and tryed the SVN version, i got the main Engine to build but i cant get the samles to build, im quite desprate, this is what i get:
Code:
2>  Sample Chicago.vcxproj -> C:\Horde 3D\Samples\Chicago\out\Sample Chicago.exe
2>  Does C:\Horde 3D\Samples\Chicago\../../Binaries/Win32 specify a file name
2>  or directory name on the target
2>  (F = file, D = directory)?
2>  Does C:\Horde 3D\Samples\Chicago\../../Binaries/Win32 specify a file name
2>  or directory name on the target
2>  (F = file, D = directory)?
2>D:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: The command "xcopy "C:\Horde 3D\Samples\Chicago\out\Sample Chicago.exe" "C:\Horde 3D\Samples\Chicago\../../Binaries/Win32" /y
2>D:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 2.
3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Horde3D, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

The funny thing also is that sometimes i lose some directories, whats up with that? for example after one build attempt i lost my Dependencies folder?

I understod that Horde was suposed to be ready to use out of box... but is it even possible to simply just build it under vc++2010? Because i really want to get my hands on the api and start using this thing. Or could someone just upload a working VC++ 2010 solution file?
Thanks for reading!

Edit: i somehow got the beta 4 to work with some warnings, but i'm happy to see the compiled samples, better than nothing yay...

Last edited by Ravel on 22.03.2011, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 21.03.2011, 22:30 
Tool Developer

Didn't tried it myself yet, but the error message results from the custom build steps after the compilation succeeded. Normally the DLL files will be copied to the binaries directory. For some reason it seems like in your settings xcopy can't decide if the target is a directory or file. There should be two possibilities to solve this error.
Either you create the target directory yourself before, or you can add a trailing slash after the Win32 in the build step.

PostPosted: 22.03.2011, 00:39 

Il try it asap, tho i think vc2010 adds missing slashes by itself and just warns me of them but il check it over
Thanks for the repply!

Got it to compile, but i dont see nothing in the exe, it's not rendering anything just a blank black window, i also got this one warning
main.cpp(245): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'std::streamoff' to 'int', possible loss of data