Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.04.2024, 23:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Project River Bed
PostPosted: 26.05.2009, 23:04 

Hello guys, Im new in this community and with this engine, i think its great and modern. Super scalable! Im new at OpenGL too, but c'mon i dont have time to waste for a while, this will me my next step....

Ok, so here's the deal. Im in a Project, wich his porpuse is to modelate the river bed from bathymetric data (latitude, longitude, deph). At this point, i have to interpolate them with different algorithms, such Delaunay Triangulations or Voronoi diagrams. Ok, this is the easy part for me.

But my idea is to create an Editor with QT and integrate the engine with the inheritance of the QGLWidget, that you explain in the wiki. And, here is the problem.... i can't make it work, there are a lot of environment namespace errors...

Could you make a little example in how to use the engine with qt integration?

PD: Im in linux, and compiling of the beta3 version has errors, i have to edit the egCom.cpp file and add the "#include <stdio.h>" to correct them. I hope you fix this error and commit it to svn.

Cheers,
Cristian.

Post subject: Re: Project River Bed
PostPosted: 27.05.2009, 07:19 
Tool Developer

itterbium wrote:
But my idea is to create an Editor with QT and integrate the engine with the inheritance of the QGLWidget, that you explain in the wiki. And, here is the problem.... i can't make it work, there are a lot of environment namespace errors...

Are you talking about Qt problems or about problems integrating Horde3D into your Qt Application? What namespace errors are you getting exactly?

itterbium wrote:
Could you make a little example in how to use the engine with qt integration?

Not a little but a quite big example is the editor, since it is based on Qt. Unfortunately I haven't finished porting things to Beta3 yet, and some changes to the trunk have made it not easier to update the editor.
So I guess I have to try to finish the editor based on the official Beta3 ( maybe that would be better anyway to avoid confusion).

itterbium wrote:
PD: Im in linux, and compiling of the beta3 version has errors, i have to edit the egCom.cpp file and add the "#include <stdio.h>" to correct them. I hope you fix this error and commit it to svn.

Just tried the latest trunk revision under OpenSuse and got no errors at all.

PostPosted: 15.06.2009, 16:53 

Quote:
Just tried the latest trunk revision under OpenSuse and got no errors at all.

Each of the 4.x versions of gcc behaves different there, they have gotten stricter with every release (which imho is good).

EDIT:
Waaah. First time I look again into the forum after some time, and of course I don't look at the dates of the posts - hope this isn't already solved *g*

PostPosted: 15.07.2009, 14:29 

The include is still missing in trunk and anywhere else :(

Its just a one-liner.. maybe someone with commit rights just fix this?

--Marenz

PostPosted: 15.07.2009, 15:58 
Tool Developer

couldn't reproduce the problem but fixed it in svn.