Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 14.05.2024, 21:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 04.04.2008, 19:25 

Hi all,

Blogging has become a powerful way of communication, even some of the most important on-line publications are nothing more than blog aggregations.

I recently started a blog (yeah i gave in) in there i will cover some of the latest developments of the Horde3D engine and community. I hope you will all join me and blog about Horde3D too :)

It would also be nice to have shared links (blogroll), so if you want to link up, just send me an email.

See ya around cyberwave surfers... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05.04.2008, 17:37 
Engine Developer

Great Daniel, thanks for the informative blog entry! It gives a good overview of the current state of the Horde3D project.

BTW, in expectation of your GL ES port I couldn't resist to replace the fixed-function Debug mode by a shader based solution. It is already there in 0.15 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.04.2008, 14:34 

Nicolas that is exciting news, i have corrected that information on my post.

This is an important weekend for me to know if i will get more fully involved with Horde3D. I have a GSoC application and a NetBeans Grant application that i will know the results off this Monday. If none of them goes thru i will start to port Horde3D next week :D

The grant money would be nice to buy some books and new workstation, quad core CPU and 2x GPU (9800 GX2, HD 3870 X2) to do some heavy multi-core programming and CUDA experimentation, however fewer resources produce ingenuity so it is not always a bad thing.

The results for both grants have been delayed and that is why i have also delayed my commitment to port Horde3D. If i don't get paid to do open source work, then i will do what i think is the most interesting project and right now for me that is porting horde3d to OpenGL ES 2.x