Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 28.03.2024, 09:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 25.06.2011, 15:51 

Irdis wrote:
If I correctly understand you, you want to have a model with both texture (for example, front of the wall) and the modifyable color (back of the wall), right? Well, the material color shader was designed to work only with color of the model, so it is either texture (with another shader, like model.shader.xml), or color (with material color shader).

If you stick with beta 2, you should use only shaders with extension *.shader.xml, and not *.shader. If you have materials that refer to model.shader, change them to model.shader.xml or skinning_metal.shader.xml.
By the way, I compiled the editor for beta 5, if you wish, you can use the latest version of the engine and editor. You can use the material color shader that I posted earlier.

You can also change color of the model in the editor (in material editor you can modify values a,b,c,d that correspond to your color).

:: 2 Irdis
Thanks Once Again ! You are right about Skinning.shader.xml, it works, but unfortunately it doesn't show me the real texture that i applied on my model in my modeling tool (3d max),

Step 1 : I draw my model , and then i apply a texture that i created in the paint program (jpg image having a specific color all over) .
Step 2 : I export it with Opencollada or Autodesk Collada from 3d max

I get a

(a) .material where i am reffered to a shader i.e model.shader

but i change it to skinning_metal.shader.xml as you told me for horde 3d editor beta 2 I must use this way.

Now I can see the object but the problem is my object seems to be pure black, although the texture that I applied is an image (jpg) which has color (any other) .

you asked me in your previous post that if i am having color on one side and texture on the other side of the object so the answer is no
for now i am only applying texture (a jpg image which has a color e.g any)

lastly and most importantly i am curious to know what will be the case if i have a wall and and on one of the polygon of the wall i have applied opacity to show it as a glass
.. Kindly guide if you can

Regards

PostPosted: 25.06.2011, 18:14 

Which version of ColladaConverter (application that is used to import assets to horde from collada dae file) are you using? It seems that you use version 4 or 5 of this converter, because it automatically links every model to model.shader. You should use converter from beta 2 to get correct link to shader and correct material, because the material syntax for beta 2 is different from beta 4-5. This should be the reason you see your model in black. Alternatively, if you want to use beta 4-5 ColladaConverter (which is better that beta 2 converter, because some serious bugs were fixed), you'll have to check any material that comes with beta 2 engine, and see what is different from your generated material. I remember that "Sampler name" from beta 4 material was "Tex2D" or something like that in beta 2 materials.

About opacity. It is possible, but again, you will have to modify the shaders. Other than shader modification, you should create a semi-transparent texture in png/tga/psd format, apply it to your model in Max, and reexport the model. DarkAngel once helped me with the same problem, you should be able to find the code he provided if you use forum search. The only problem is that the code he provided is for beta 4, you will have to adapt it somehow for beta 2. I can't help you there much because I don't know the shader syntax of beta 2.

PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 16:54 

Irdis wrote:
Which version of ColladaConverter (application that is used to import assets to horde from collada dae file) are you using? It seems that you use version 4 or 5 of this converter, because it automatically links every model to model.shader. You should use converter from beta 2 to get correct link to shader and correct material, because the material syntax for beta 2 is different from beta 4-5. This should be the reason you see your model in black.

yes you are right I am using ColladaConverter for beta 5, and that is the reason it automatically links every model to model.shader
and that's why even on changing it to skinning_metal.shader, it shows me black colored object.

where can i get the ColladaConverter from beta 2 ?

Quote:
Alternatively, if you want to use beta 4-5 ColladaConverter (which is better that beta 2 converter, because some serious bugs were fixed), you'll have to check any material that comes with beta 2 engine, and see what is different from your generated material.

yeah but once if I will have ColladaConverter from beta 2, only then I can compare the two materials' differences.

Quote:
About opacity. It is possible, but again, you will have to modify the shaders. Other than shader modification, you should create a semi-transparent texture in png/tga/psd format, apply it to your model in Max, and reexport the model. DarkAngel once helped me with the same problem, you should be able to find the code he provided if you use forum search. The only problem is that the code he provided is for beta 4, you will have to adapt it somehow for beta 2. I can't help you there much because I don't know the shader syntax of beta 2.

I will look for the solution by DarkAngel, but still If you don't know the syntax, how can I understand the syntax and how should i modify etc etc ?

PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 18:35 

You can find Horde3D beta 2 here.

To add opacity to your textures, you should add code that marciano posted here.
It seems that it was written for beta 2. That way horde should display translucent models, but the model will be transparent as much as the texture is transparent. You won't be able to adjust the transparency, you'll have to edit the texture to get a more/less transparent model.

PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 15:22 

Irdis wrote:
You can find Horde3D beta 2 here.

The difference between beta 2 and beta 5 is that material of Beta 2 gives me skinning.shader.xml while material for beta 5 give me model.shader.xml
Anyways ! I followed Beta 2 that you gave me, and still I get a black object for only colored objects.

While for objects which have texture on them I get a strange thing and that is in horde 3d editor in preview I see the correct object with correct texture but when it is added
it becomes black, I don't know why.?

PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 15:26 
Tool Developer

Maybe you don't have a light pointing to the object.

PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 15:48 

Volker wrote:
Maybe you don't have a light pointing to the object.

Thanks Volker you are right.