As a way to keep the community in touch with the development of Horde3D project, this page will keep an up to date log of the official Roadmap for next releases.
Our policy is to release often, with atomic changes between two following releases.
The current release version is: Horde3D 1.0.0
For the future, we planned the following releases:
- Move Overlays to an extension.
- Support for geometry shapes drawing.
- Directional light support
- Material class performance improvements
- Multithreaded culling and scene graph updates
- OpenGL ES3 backend.
- Support for Android & iOS platforms.
- Instancing support
- OpenGL 4 AZDO (Achieving zero driver overhead) improvements.
- Support for double precision variables.
- Moving scene graph to utility library.
- Model resources.
- Vulkan support
- Custom memory allocation
- PBR support
You can follow the progress on this GitHub page:
The Horde3D project is following SemVer 2.0 definition.
Basically it means that, given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, we increment the:
MAJOR version when we make incompatible API changes,
MINOR version when we add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and
PATCH version when we make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
Additional labels for pre-release and build metadata are used when necessary (i.e.: Alpha, Beta, Release Candidate, etc.)
|A deprecated version of this Roadmap is available at: Community Roadmap deprecated.|