Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 04.06.2024, 07:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: NURBS; OGL.
PostPosted: 22.10.2007, 16:00 

Hello, just two simple questions

1) Would it be possible to render NURBS surfaces with Horde ?

2) Does the engine have the ability to manipulate multiple render surfaces, (and other OGL 2.1 stuff)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22.10.2007, 18:13 
Engine Developer

Hello,

jozo wrote:
1) Would it be possible to render NURBS surfaces with Horde ?

There is currently no direct support in Horde. I see two options for getting them to work: either you tesselate the geometry in your app and send it as polygonal data to the engine or you create a new NURBS module in the Horde core.

jozo wrote:
2) Does the engine have the ability to manipulate multiple render surfaces, (and other OGL 2.1 stuff)?

It is already possible to define render targets with the xml pipeline. But this has nothing to do with OpenGL 2.1 so I'm not quite sure if that's what you mean. I would really like to integrate more 2.1 features but unfortunately ATI still hasn't general support for them. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22.10.2007, 18:35 

Thanks for the info.

1) Do you ever plan to integrate easy surface and curves rendering or it's strictly on me to do the job?

2) I was talking about MRTs where you can write up to 4 RT at once from pixel shaders (heh talking from the DX point of view, but I heard it's available for OGL 2.1 also?)

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.10.2007, 16:24 
Engine Developer

jozo wrote:
1) Do you ever plan to integrate easy surface and curves rendering or it's strictly on me to do the job?

I didn't plan to integrate it in the next time since for games polygonal data is usually sufficient and there is still a plenty of other things on my todo list. I'm sorry...

jozo wrote:
2) I was talking about MRTs where you can write up to 4 RT at once from pixel shaders

This is basically already working, the Chicago deferred shading implementation is making use of it. I'm currently extending the configurable pipeline to make it more flexible for very advanced rendering techniques. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24.10.2007, 04:22 

marciano wrote:
I didn't plan to integrate it in the next time since for games polygonal data is usually sufficient and there is still a plenty of other things on my todo list. I'm sorry...

I have plans for writing utility functions for generating procedurally generated geometry in the H3DG format. Once I release my utilities, it should be pretty simply to adapt it for use with NURBS.

This is a fairly slowly moving project of mine though, so I'll post more info here as I make progress...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24.10.2007, 19:00 

Ok, thank you guys for the answers.